Wednesday 27 April 2011

/afk out when ever you see me! loljk

Hail, all Ravenholdtians alike!
This time the entry will be about pvp. Seeing as we are an RP-PvP server and I particularly chose it so that it includes both beautiful aspects of the game, I'm gonna bring up some pvp news from the front.

I got into pvp more and more at the time of WotLK, as I was leveling from 70-80. I got inspired by the towers in Hellfire Peninsula and otherwise the lovely lands and scenes in Outland, even though I was supposed to focus on the damn Northrend ( but you know how it is. Boring as fuck. ). I met the lovely druid Míttens, completely everywhere I ever went in Outland, growing a hideous grudge at him for being so "amagawd OP ganker fufufufufufu" ( Awh, but lets put this exhibit 1 in here to show that we can play nice as well. Side note: OMG CAREBEAR ).
- Later on I never sort of found myself fully on the pvp front until I got to know some of the Tides of Misery and Zylos Hand people that brought a lot of new and fresh blood into the field at the time.

Lately in tGC there has been a "dedicated few" that has been in for getting the [City Attacker] achievement for our lovely guild. We somehow managed to get our [Guild Gankers] when I wasn't even on, noticing the grand killing blow achievement only after a few hours of ingame time. /applause
- Stormwind has been, respectively, our playground for some time now. We might've gotten the achievement slightly earlier if I wouldn't have taken my one week break off from WoW at the middle of the hunt, but that's another matter completely. I've felt more and more like a citizen of the Alliance capital than of Orgrimmar, where I'm usually only for banking ( ...I can get to that later in some other entry. ), repair, and of course zeppelins to Undercity and STV and the portal to Blasted Lands.

The main ganking points our little stealthing ( and sometimes non-stealthers included ) squad has taken up are Dwarf District and the portals, the latter being completely isolated from officers and the like. The just portalled goodies that have arrived to the "safety" of their capital are the funniest to kill, especially if they have arrived at the scene with flying mounts. It's a race against the target's reflects to see if you can get a finishing rip on him - and then giggle a little when the target finally gets in air just to drop off from the mount as the rat dies in the middle of their flight. KEK
   Nah, but seriously, there's been enough times where the IWIN-mode has changed into the opposite, making me spend time in SW also in this
Never mind tGC /guildchat :D

"form", so to say. Thank God tGC got to the guildlevel where we now get 100% increased running speed in ghost form, making the unbelievably long run from the "nearest" GY to SW a little less painless.

I have to admit that ganking around the portals has definately been more fun than what Dwarf District can offer - the guards and officers are just too much hassle all the time, and you have only two ways of escaping. You either make it for the Tram, possibly getting you stuck with vengeance hungry allies, or to the park behind dwarf, where the blueshielders that were merely humming around can catch you if they saw where you went.  Or then you can be really stupid and run out of the Dwarf District towards cathedral, jump into the water and wish that no one realised your masterplan... Cough.
   The excitement grew when we had merely 100 kills
YAYY 100 OMG OMG - oh wait, keep your cool.
to go in the [City Attacker] achievement! At this point we got plenty of heroes joining our quest, from ToM and ZH respectively. Only Grego the true hero was a nonstealther among our midst, but hey - I herd blood dK hard yo. ( :D <3 ) We had fun and ganks at the portals, and I already grumbled that I ain't gonna be dead when we get the achievement - but oh hells bells, of course I died the second the achievement exploded on the screen!



It's been somehow busy on the wpvp field, tbh. I was having a chat about some Officer matters with Itafeer ( tGC guild leader ), flying around during the talk like I usually do, and I bumped to Nagrand as Halaa was taken over from the Horde. I charged the place, two lowbies and a feral from a fellow RP-guild Storm Riders present, killing them with the greatness that is called SURPRISE GAIS. I called for some help in guild, which of course meant that the Storm Rider feral did as well. Dunno who called what, but anygays our dear imba Rasu came to the scene as I got another feral from tGC, Ocami, to join me. Soon people were gathering up from both sides, the Horde gradually loosing Halaa first, but then getting it back yet again. The Horde lacking a healer suddenly got three healers with the force of Battlelust and various other guilds against us, making us loose Halaa again.
...what? Noo no no, ofc it doesn't hurt... ((shitshitshitshit))
- But goddamn was it fun! :D

Also, after a long long while since our guildie, fellow officer and a friend Vozor left the game ( you just lost it, btw. the game. ), I've gotten another arena partner :) Vozor and yours truly made a very fun fury warr/feral combo, breaking the 1550 rating and giving me one the first tastes of achievements in arenas. Before him I had played only a little arenas with again tGC late officer, Stealthr, making the dual dps a more preferred combo for me personally than doing 2's with a healer. As warriors and rogues are my preferance for 2v2 partners, I got to know the Zylos Hand warrior Mesmash ( former Bhrutal ), who agreed on doing arenas on his rogue, Faytality. After getting the points we realised that the combo really worked, and we'll probably go in for some rating too, perhaps, to get the conquest cap higher :) Plus it's always a pleasure to do arenas with chilled, laid back people, not being too serious about it and having a good time! We've done only 11 games so far, with a 8-3 win/lose ratio.

I guess that's about it this time! Keep your red flags high, Hordelings, and Allies... well. You know. Don't stop being your ratselves, right? :D

Naïma xxx

P.S: The Grey Company is promoting its pvp side in planned ganking events in Ashenvale, including a long timespan for the project with monthly ganks. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the Ashenvale Campaign! There's also more major things on their ways, such as a WPvP-event, again made by the Greys, the Long March. Stay tuned for more news at RH-realm forums!

No comments:

Post a Comment